Saturday, February 12, 2011

Fine-Tune Your Mechanics!

“People ask me what I do in the winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring.”
—Rogers Hornsby

Here in Mid-Mo there is still 10" of snow on the ground, but the snow is melting off the roof and I can hear it running down the gutter. . . Pitchers and catchers report February 13!

Here are some study aids I am using to prepare for opening day:

Maximizing the Two-Umpire System by Jim Evans - $69.95 from Jim Evans Academy of Professional Umpiring (Midwest Ump review here). This book is exceptional and winner of the 2010 UMPY Award for best training aid.






Pitching Regulations and Balks by Jim Evans - $39.95 from Jim Evans Academy of Professional Umpiring (Midwest Ump review here). Known simply as "The Balk Video," it is the best video ever produced on the subject. I watch it every year to get ready for the season.



MORE BOOKS AND STUDY MATERIALS CAN BE FOUND IN THE NEW UMPIRE LIBRARY



No comments: